I cant see the upsell popup
If you have added the correct quantity of trigger products to your cart - you should see the upsell popup appear on the cart page of your store. The short video clip below shows how it should appear:
If you cannot see the upsell popup on the cart page, there are several troubleshooting steps you can do to resolve the issue.
In this article:
Below is a list of important factors you may want to check to ensure the discount offers will show up:
- Ensure you have tested the offer.
- Ensure the offer requirements have been met. (Eg: Add two of a product to get a discount of 20%)
- Is there a starts at / ends at time set for the offer? If so - please ensure you are within the times set.
- Does the offer require a customer to be tagged to view the offer? If so - please ensure you are logged in and viewing the product as a tagged customer.
- Ensure you are on the "/cart" page. The URL of the page you are on should contain /cart.
Ensure ajax cart settings are turned off
For the app to work correctly - any ajax cart settings need to be disabled. You can find out more about it here and disable it if needed.
Ensure theme is synced
To make sure your theme is properly synced, go to Settings > General Settings. Scroll down to the Troubleshooting section and click Sync and Check Theme.
If all looks good, click the test link again. If not, contact us and we will fix this ASAP.
Declining the initial offer
Have you tested the offer out, seen the upsell offer, but it's not appearing anymore?
No worries... This is the expected behavior.
If an offer is declined by clicking on the "no thanks" button, or the "x" button at the top right of the upsell offer, the offer will not appear again for another 14 days by default.
This is to stop customers from getting spammed with unwanted deals. If you want to change the default time to hide deals from customers, you can find out how here.
Using a different browser or clearing your cookies and cache will also solve this issue and the upsell offer will start appearing again :)
Sold out products
Does the upsell offer have products that are sold out? Sold out products won't show in your upsell offer - therefore if you have an upsell offer with one product and that product is sold out - the upsell offer will not show.
Conflict with other apps
While a lot of apps are compatible with our app, there will be some apps in the market that breaks our Discounted Pricing app either partially or entirely.
Here is a list of the types of apps that aren't compatible with our Discounted Upsells app:
- Any app that takes over the checkout process
- Any preorder app
- Any other upsell or discount app
Disabling/Enabling an offer
After you create and save an offer, it will be available and applied to your online store as soon as it is synced. However, you may run into situations where you would want to either disable or enable a particular offer. This may be due to an existing offer that is not working the way you intended it to work, or you simply do not want the particular offer to be available to customers anymore. Regardless of the reason, here is how to disable/enable an offer:
- Launch the app and go to Offers.
- Toggle the slider under Status to enable or disable the offer.
Testing the offer
- Go to the offer that you want to test.
- Click the Actions drop-down menu then choose Test.
- Click See the upsell in action.
- Add the quantities required to test the product based on your settings and view the messages that appear if it's successfully added to the cart or not.
- Check the amount on your cart to verify if the offer is applied.
Show offer to logged in customers only
You can show the upsell offer to selected customers only who signed in to your online store. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the offer that you want to edit.
- Click the Action drop-down menu then click Edit.
- Scroll down to the Optional Settings section.
- Check the box that says Only show offer for logged in customer.
- Enter the tags for the selected customers separated by a comma based on the discount groups where they belong.
- Click Save.